Warner Norcross + Judd’s health care litigation team understands the health care industry and we are ready to help you when facing a dispute. Our experienced attorneys will guide you through the entire litigation process, from pre-dispute planning to resolution.
Our team has helped resolve countless disputes, including matters arising under the federal and state False Claims Acts, anti-kickback statutes, Stark law, and FDA enforcement actions. We also counsel and help resolve licensing complaints, payer audits and appeals, DEA investigations, contractual disputes, and regularly defend personal injury and medical malpractice actions and health care employment disputes.
False Claims Act Defense
- Successfully prevailed in a $40,000,000 qui tam case brought by a whistleblower under the Federal False Claims Act (FCA) in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit by obtaining summary judgment prior to trial in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas.
- Obtained summary judgment in a multi-million qui tam case brought by a whistleblower employee in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.
- Successfully defended hundreds of health care providers facing administrative investigations and formal administrative complaints.
- Regularly counsel health care professionals in conjunction with admission to and compliance with the Michigan Health Professionals Recovery Program.
Anti-kickback and Stark Laws
- Resolved pending civil anti-kickback and stark law investigations by successfully negotiating corporate integrity agreements.
- Counseled major health care systems under the SRDP.
- Assist clients with responding to civil investigative demands in conjunction with civil AKBS and Stark law investigations.
FDA Enforcement Actions
- Counseled clients on how to complying with Drug Supply Chain Security Act.
- Successfully defended pharmaceutical wholesalers with FDA criminal investigations.
- Assist clients facing DEA inspections.
- Successfully defended civil, criminal, and administrative actions brought by the DEA.
Payer Audits and Appeals
- Advise clients on how to properly handle a third party payer audit.
- Regularly counsel and defend health care providers with a myriad of third party payer audits and appeals.
- Successfully defended pharmaceutical wholesaler in breach of contract case involving compliance with the Drug Supply Chain Security Act.
- Prevailed on summary disposition of defamation and other tort claims brought by a former shareholder of a major cardiology group.
Medical Malpractice Defense and Personal Injury Claims
- Successfully defended area physicians in medical malpractice claims.
- Represented Olsten Corporation in a multimillion-dollar personal injury claim and obtained a defense verdict after a seven-week jury trial.
Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- Advise clients on TCPA compliance.
- Successfully defended pharmaceutical wholesaler in fax blast class action matter arising under the TCPA.
Videos and Podcasts
- Litigation Strengths: Subject Matter ExpertiseIn the Know: Warner's Litigation Spotlight
- New Bill Ends Presidential National Emergency – What That Means for EmployersWarner Employment News from the Law Shanty
- Michigan Court of Claims Reinstates Earned Sick Time Act and Improved Workforce Opportunity Wage Act As Originally AdoptedWarner Employment News from the Law Shanty
- Michigan Lawyers Weekly Hall of Fame Luncheon
- Webinar — A Return to the Earned Sick Time Act and Improved Workforce Opportunity Wage Act as Originally Adopted
- Warner Virtual Automotive Executive Roundtable Series: HR Challenges and Issues
- Homayune Ghaussi Named American Bar Foundation Fellow
- Homayune Ghaussi Named to Lawyers of Color 2023 Power List
- Warner Partner Andrea J. Bernard Honored by Inclusion in Michigan Lawyers Weekly 2023 Hall of Fame
- Warner Again Recognized as One of Top 10 Health Law Firms by American Bar Association
- Katelyn D. Crysler Appointed to Inforum’s Next Gen Advisory Council
- Zainab Hazimi Talks Federal Ban on Noncompetes with Crain’s Detroit Business
- Litigation Strengths: Subject Matter Expertise
- New Bill Ends Presidential National Emergency – What That Means for Employers
- Sixth Circuit Limits Scope of Anti-Kickback Statute and False Claims Act
- Second Circuit Rules Anti-Kickback Statute Means No “Corrupt Intent” Required for Liability
- Presidential Pardon of Marijuana Possession: Users Beware
- UPDATE: Telehealth in a Changing World – Mitigating Risks
- President Biden’s Pardon of Federal Marijuana Convictions Makes Good Sense, But Rescheduling Marijuana Does Not
- Michigan Court of Claims Reinstates Earned Sick Time Act and Improved Workforce Opportunity Wage Act As Originally Adopted
- Supreme Court Decisions Leave Employers Guessing
- Provider Relief Act and False Claims Liability – Who Knew There Were So Many Strings Attached?
- Telehealth in a Changing World – Trending Risks and How to Minimize Potential Exposure
- Broad Guidance Issued for Telehealth Remote Communications During COVID-19 Crisis