$20,000 1L Diversity Scholarship and 2024 Summer Associate Program
This scholarship is part of Warner’s commitment to growing and developing a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We are actively searching for exceptional and forward-thinking students who bring innovative and fresh perspectives which we feel will enhance our commitment to client service and will continue to foster our culture of inclusion.
Warner’s goal is to support students throughout their law school journey, easing any financial burdens while enabling law students to embark on a meaningful and impactful legal practice that will benefit society, the clients we serve, and our firm.
An eligible 1L law school student will receive a $20,000 tuition scholarship and will participate in our 2024 summer associate program in our Detroit or Grand Rapids office. Our summer associate program is ten weeks in length, beginning on May 13 and ending on July 19.
The application process is open to all law students enrolled in an ABA-accredited law school, regardless of race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military service, disability, or any other characteristic or condition protected by applicable law.
- Current Resume
- Undergraduate Transcript
- 1L Transcript. GPAs of 3.0 or above are preferred, but lower GPAs will be considered with context included in the personal statement.
- Personal Statement. Please include a one-page statement detailing your dedication to fostering DEI (diversity, equity and inclusion) within the legal industry. Provide concrete examples showcasing your personal contributions to advancing these principles.
Warner’s Summer Associate Hiring Committee will evaluate all applications and consider the following factors:
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting DEI in their communities and/or in the legal industry.
- Academic and leadership achievements.
- Obstacles or challenges (financial or otherwise) encountered in advancing career objectives.
- Life experiences that have shaped values (including a commitment to DEI) and professional goals.
- A desire to live and practice law in Michigan.
Applications will be accepted from 1L students on December 1 and will be considered on a rolling basis through January. The winner will be notified on or around February 16, 2024. For questions, please contact Kristin Williams (email@example.com).
To learn more about our summer associate program, please visit us at https://www.wnj.com/careers/summer-associates/.
To learn more about our commitment to diversity, please visit us at https://www.wnj.com/firm/overview/commitment-to-diversity/.