Skip to Main Content

Immigration Services for Higher Education Institutions

We have worked closely for many years with HR and legal departments at Michigan and Ohio colleges and universities to obtain employment authorization for foreign-born faculty. Our representation extends from providing consultations on faculty immigration and employer workforce compliance to representing foreign faculty on behalf of their respective institutions to pursue PERM labor certifications, H-1B visas and green cards. 

We take tenure-track foreign faculty and their dependents from nonimmigrant status through lawful permanent residency, whether through special handling PERM applications or EB-1A (extraordinary ability) or EB-1B (outstanding professors and researchers) petitions.

We assist students and faculty with J-1 visas to both study and serve as short-term scholars, as well as professors and researchers. We also assist with nonimmigrant J-1 waivers. 

We handle general issues related to immigration, and we also counsel higher education institutions on I-9 compliance issues.