Warner Norcross + Judd LLP and five of its attorneys have been recognized for excellence in private wealth law while one of its attorneys has been honored for family law in the Chambers High Net Worth 2022 guide.
The guide, which is compiled by Chambers and Partners, is aimed at the international private wealth market and features in-depth editorial related to leading lawyers and law firms for wealthy individuals and families. Law firms and attorneys were referred by clients for their expertise in charitable planning, wealth transfer, business succession planning, estate tax planning, trust disputes and other areas of private wealth management.
Partners Mark K. Harder, Laura A. Jeltema, Susan Gell Meyers and David L.J.M. Skidmore were recognized as distinguished practitioners in private wealth law, while W. Michael Van Haren, of counsel, was recognized among the senior statespeople. Partner Richard A. Roane was selected in family/matrimonial law. Comments on their profiles included:
• Harder chairs Warner’s Private Client and Family Office Practice Group and has been a trusted advisor to individuals, families and family business owners on complex estate planning, settlement and business transfer issues for more than 30 years. One source described Harder as “always responsive and able to provide technical communication.” Another interviewee simply stated: “He is an excellent attorney.”
• Jeltema counsels high net worth individuals, families and family offices on trust and estate administration and planning, tax planning and wealth preservation. She also counsels private foundations on governance, compliance and transactional matters. One source described Jeltema as “absolutely outstanding.”
• Meyers provides counsel to high net worth individuals, business owners, their families and the businesses and family offices that serve them – with holistic advice on estate and gift planning that preserves wealth and business ownership. One interviewee said Meyers “has great rapport with clients and builds great relationships with them. She is extremely competent from a technical perspective and extremely practical at the same time. She is very good at explaining things to clients and she is extremely responsive.”
• Roane has more than 30 years of experience counseling clients on divorce, non-marital domestic relationships and LGBTQ+ family issues and concentrates his practice on domestic relations mediation, arbitration and collaborative law, spousal support, child custody and support, complex business valuation distribution, pre- and post-nuptial agreements and all aspects of international family law. One source said this about Ric: “He is a brilliant lawyer.”
• Skidmore focuses his practice on probate, trust and estate litigation, as well as fiduciary and real property disputes. He often acts for wealthy families and individuals in contested probate matters. A market source notes: “David is highly regarded in estate litigation.”
• Van Haren concentrates his practice on all aspects of planning for high net worth individuals, the family offices that serve those individuals and the businesses they own. He is described by one source as “tremendous.”
The guide is used by family offices and professional financial advisers. In addition to the legal rankings, Chambers High Net Worth also features information on accounting and tax firms, private banks, wealth management firms and multifamily offices acting for high net worth individuals.
London-based Chambers and Partners publishes a series of global guides focused on the legal profession. Warner has been recognized as one of the leading law firms in Michigan by the Chambers USA guide for 20 consecutive years.
By providing discerning and proactive legal advice, Warner Norcross + Judd LLP builds a better partnership with our clients. An AmLaw 200 firm, we’re one of Michigan’s largest law firms focused on providing the best legal solutions and exceptional client service to organizations throughout the world. Connect with us on wnj.com, LinkedIn, Twitter or Facebook.
# # #