You are invited to join Crowe Horwath LLP, Warner Norcross, and ADP for a roundtable discussion on GDPR – managing data privacy in the global environment. GDPR sets a new standard for the ways personal information about individuals must be protected. Data subjects are entitled to know how their data will be processed and data controllers must be able to provide evidence of GDPR compliance. Companies are taking steps to assess their environment and close the gaps to ensure they meet those requirements which become effective in May 2018. Pam Hrubey, Crowe Horwath, Managing Director, prior chief privacy officer and privacy compliance specialist, Wes Rihani, ADP Area Product Leader for Global Enterprise Solutions and, Norbert Kugele, Partner, Warner Norcross & Judd will moderate the roundtable covering these topics:
- General compliance obligations
- Accelerating compliance and practical steps
- Prioritizing compliance efforts – maximizing strengths, addressing weaknesses
- Role of internal audit
For additional information on achieving a relevant, practical approach to compliance, read our thought leadership “Jump Start Your Way To A Successful GDPR Implementation
” in Finance Monthly.
- Pam is a managing director in the Crowe emerging markets practice. She has more than 29 years of global experience including focus global ethics and compliance program development and assessment, including the specialty topic areas of privacy and data protection, anti-bribery and anti-corruption programs, global transparency reporting, risk assessment, and enterprise risk management. Pam specializes in assisting clients with understanding and addressing the external obligations associated with privacy and data protection, and in translating those requirements into actionable programs and processes that meet internal expectations and external obligations.
- Wes has held a variety of roles at ADP over the past 20 years. For the last 4 years, Wes has focused on Global Enterprise Solutions and is currently the Area Product Leader for global payroll. Wes consults with ADP clients and prospective clients about which route to take when it comes to global payroll compliance. He also leads a training class in Barcelona for new associates joining ADP’s global organization. The GDPR is an area that Wes is currently devoting much of his time to because of the complexity and risk of the new regulation.
Norbert Kugele -
Norbert is a partner at Warner Norcross & Judd specializing in employee benefits and privacy and information security law. He is a privacy expert who helps organizations understand and comply with state, federal and international privacy and information security laws, including HIPAA, FTC privacy policies, and counsels companies on the European Commission’s Directive on Data Protection and cross-border transfers of data. He is a Certified Information Privacy Professional/US with the International Association of Privacy Professionals.
To register or for questions, please contact Adam Pajakowski at email@example.com
or 1-216-623-7339 There is no registration fee for attending this event; therefore, there is no cancellation fee.