Warner’s clients within the aerospace, defense and government services industries look to us for legal counsel and an effective partnership that provides a comprehensive approach to regulations and policy directives, as well as the unique corporate challenges they face. Our interdisciplinary practice leverages our deep understanding of both government and corporate law, as well as transactional, technical, regulatory and compliance, financial, environmental and litigation experience to provide cohesive strategic and tactical solutions that meet the specialized needs of the aerospace, defense and government services industries.
Warner’s Aerospace & Defense and Government Services Industry Group is on top of the trends shaping this market and recognizes that the global A&D landscape is undergoing significant disruption driven by innovation and technological transformation as well as geopolitical competitiveness, emerging opportunities and threats, and cross-sector growth through increased mergers and acquisition activity and consolidation. Warner speaks the language of government and the Department of Defense (DoD). We understand that U.S. military services are transitioning to multi-domain operations, which will require the seamless integration across land, air, sea, space and cyber. The ability to link resources and capabilities, particularly as emerging technologies evolve and the DoD changes its investment strategies, will revolutionize how the industry operates in the 21st century.
Warner’s team includes industry-leading attorneys and strategic advisors who represent clients across a wide range of local, regional and international markets, including organizations looking to expand into or provide goods and services to the U.S. A&D industry. We put clients first, and our industry and practice groups work cohesively across the firm to provide the best resources and expertise to support you. However, our connections run deeper than our name. If your needs warrant supplementary expertise, we have the national and global connections to support any idea, goal and target.
We regularly work with leaders across active segments of the sector, including privately held companies, emerging and start-up ventures, middle market, and public global enterprises. Our work in the A&D market leverages the expertise and synergies of our 15 industry groups and over 25 specialized practice areas to provide cost-effective, timely and focused strategic, operational and legal counsel.
Our goal is to provide cohesive strategic and tactical solutions that minimize client risk and exposure while maximizing what makes us valuable to clients: availability, responsiveness, industry knowledge, cost‑effectiveness and quality legal work.
Warner’s services include:
- Strategic Consulting – Ranging from business strategy development and expansion of business units in defense, aerospace and government sectors, to include Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business (SDVOB) and 8A programs
- Government Contracting (federal and state) – Government contracting and counseling, procurement, contract administration, changes, disputes and terminations, and bid protests under the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS)
- Subcontracting – Including negotiation of supply chain agreements
- Government Affairs (federal, state and local) – Lobbying and compliance, investigations, legislative and regulatory drafting, and state and federal procurement
- Import/Export and Specialized Industry Compliance and Controls Programs – Foreign Military Sales (FMS), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulation (EAR), Office of Foreign Assets Controls (OFAC) and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
- Regulatory – Including the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF)
- Space – Policy, regulatory, licensing, negotiation and international relations
- Corporate Structure and Transactions – Mergers and acquisitions, start-ups, reorganizations, tender offers, hostile takeovers and going-private transactions, minority- and women-owned businesses and veteran-owned businesses
- Infrastructure and Public-Private Partnerships
- Emerging Technologies – Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS), AR/VR, Artificial Intelligence (AI), autonomous and connected mobility
- Intellectual Property – Patents, trademarks, copyrights, IP enforcement and litigation, patent prosecution and portfolio management, privacy and information security, technology and IP licensing, purchase and sale
- Cyber and Privacy – Strategies for NIST 800-171 compliance (via technical consultant), data security compliance, HIPAA compliance, GDRP data transferring, breach notification support
- Data and Information Governance, Data Analytics and eDiscovery
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Environmental – OSHA and EPA compliance, insurance, labor regulation and compliance, product safety and regulation, employee benefits and others
- Economic Incentives
- Employee Benefits and Human Resources
- Labor and Employment and Immigration
- Real Estate and Construction
- White Collar Defense and Internal Investigations – Federal investigations under the False Claims Act (FCA) and other statutes